Texas Tech Pitcher Receives Yet Another National Award
Texas Tech baseball’s Steven Gingery has been awarded National Pitcher of the Year by the College Baseball Foundation. Just an incredible honor. He's the first Red Raider to ever receive the award. The award will be presented in Miami during the MLB All-Star Weekend in July.
After getting Freshman All American honors Gingery improved greatly in his second season posting a 10-1 record over 15 starts. Through 91.1 innings, he allowed only 21 runs, 16 earned, for an ERA of 1.58 and 107 strikeouts.
Gingery has been racking up the awards this year getting a total of 14 accolades over the course of this season including the Big 12 Pitcher of the year, First team All-Big 12 and First team All-American from two different publications. Below is a complete list of his accomplishments.
GINGERY’S 2017 ACCOLADES:
- Big 12 Pitcher of the Week – Feb. 27
- D1 Baseball Midseason All-American – April 4
- Perfect Game Midseason All-American – April 4
- Golden Spikes Award Midseason Watch List – April 12
- College Baseball Foundation Pitcher of the Year Watch List – April 18
- College Baseball Foundation Pitcher of the Year Semifinalist – May 11
- Dick Howser Trophy Semifinalist – May 18
- Big 12 Pitcher of the Year – May 23
- First Team All-Big 12 (unanimous) – May 23
- Golden Spikes Award Semifinalist – May 31
- College Baseball Foundation Pitcher of the Year Finalist – May 31
- Collegiate Baseball Newspaper First Team All-American – June 1
- Baseball America First Team All-American – June 8
- College Baseball Foundation Pitcher of the Year – June 14