Another COVID-19 Meme Is Busted
These people seriously have no idea who they're dealing with.
The meme goes like this:
"If masks work, why do businesses have to be closed. If they don't work, then why are we forced to wear them?"
Okay, there's a lot of dumb here, and rather that waste a bunch of your time, I'll just bullet point this one out.
- Businesses no longer have to be closed (with very few exceptions).
- Masks reduce your chance of giving someone a virus.
- No one is forcing you to do anything. Some businesses require them, but you can just go to another business if you don't like it. You don't have a right to enter a business.
- Masks are a thing for some open businesses, not closed ones.
- Some businesses require them for the health and safety of their staff and other guests.
What this meme is doing is falsely conflating two separate coronavirus-related issues that are kind of not related. It can twists your brain a bit until you realize that these two things are not really happening simultaneously. In other words, this meme is a load of donkey sh*t.
FMX listeners rock their COVID-19 facemasks