Lubbock Flights Delayed Due to Dallas Love Field Airport Shooting
Dallas Love Field Aiport is being evacuated today due to reports of an active shooter situation. With this information comes several flight delays. If you're planning a trip out of Lubbock, you may want to check your flight online.
According to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal, the following flights have been delayed today as of 12:30 pm:
- Southwest 1338 - Departing to Love Field has been delayed until 12:53 p.m.
- Southwest 2272 - Departing to Love Field has been delayed until 1:31 p.m.
- American 5797 - Departing to Dallas-Fort Worth International has been canceled.
- Southwest 1241 - Departing to Love Field has been delayed until 5:59 p.m.
- American 4709 - Arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth International has been delayed.
- American 5797 - Arriving from Dallas-Fort Worth International has been canceled.
- Southwest 1240 - Arriving from Love Field has been delayed until 5:14 p.m.
The Star-Telegram reports that a 37-year-old woman was armed in the airport and opened fire. She was shot and wounded by police officers and transported to Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas, Texas. CNN reported that the woman fired shots into the ceiling of the airport and the shooting is said to have occurred near the ticket counter.
At this time, no other injuries have been reported, but this story is still unfolding.
You can easily check flight schedules in Lubbock by clicking here, and it would be a good idea to continue doing so throughout the day as things may continue to change.
Luckily, nothing more serious happened during this shooting that we're aware of. Hopefully, it didn't mess up your vacation plans too much. We're just glad that everyone is safe.