It's almost October and it is time to buy some pumpkins. If you are looking to support a good cause and decorate you have come to the right place.

For 20 years in a row, the First Cumberland Presbyterian Church in Lubbock is hosting its annual pumpkin patch.

What makes them so special is they get your pumpkins from the Navajo Indian Reservation located in the Four Corners Area of New Mexico and 60% of the proceeds go back to them for their education program and the rest, 40% stays here for ministries within the church.

According to Pumpkin USA’s website, this fundraiser also employs around 700 Native Americans in New Mexico during the harvest months as well.

Besides a wide range of pumpkins, they also sell baked goods and have lots of picture opportunities for the family. The church community comes together to make pumpkin bread which is amazing. I have had it and love it!

On Saturday, October 22nd they are also doing a 3rd Annual Pumpkins & Pups Adoption Event. This event partners with the Lubbock Animal Shelter.

You can head on over to the patch on Monday through Friday from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sunday from 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. They are located at 7702 Indiana Avenue Lubbock, TX 79423. It will end on Halloween.

Last Minute Funny Lubbock Themed Halloween Costume Ideas

Here are a few last-minute Lubbock-themed Halloween costume ideas that get weirder the further you scroll.

17 Halloween Items You Can Buy Right Now

More From KFMX FM