City of Lubbock Reduces Number of Locations Exposed to the Coronavirus
The list of locations in Lubbock that were exposed to the novel coronavirus this month has shrunk.
According to the City of Lubbock, the previous list of nine local places has now been further reduced. The number of locations as of Friday, March 20th, was 12. Now, it's five.
- Sunset Church of Christ's Graduation Ceremony on March 14th, 2020
- Blazing Bouncers (11401 Highway 87) on March 16th from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Beef O Brady's (5510 4th Street, Suite 280) on March 13th from 7 to 11 p.m.
- Cujo's Sports Bar (5811 4th Street) on March 13th from 11 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
- Chances R (5610 Frankford Ave.) on March 13th from 12:45 to 2 a.m.
The City says that locations are removed from the list based on several factors, including when "exposure possibility is determined to be lower than originally suspected through continued investigation," and if the "time since exposure occurred at a location has increased to a point that individuals who may have been exposed would be showing symptoms."
The former point is why some Lubbock restaurants have been removed from the list, said Lacey Nobles, communications & marketing manager for the City of Lubbock.
If you were at any of these locations at the date and time listed above and have symptoms consistent with coronavirus infection, isolate yourself and contact the city's health department at (806) 775-2933.
According to the CDC, symptoms of COVID-19 may consist of:
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face