Storm Damage Is Everywhere in Lubbock — Here Are 5 Things to Look Out For
With the recent hail storms, the fly-by-night roofers and hail dent people have already begun to pour into town.
Here are things to look out for when searching for someone to fix storm-related damage.
1. The Case Of The Disappearing Down Payment - You make a down payment, but nothing happens other than your money going POOF!
2. The strange door-to-door hail/roof guy - In the City of Lubbock, anyone going door to door must have a permit. And besides, would you trust someone to come to your home unsolicited? I wouldn't.
3. The storm chaser (Or, as our friends at Fortenberry Roofing call them, ninja roofers) - They come into town right after the storm and disappear soon after, usually leaving shoddy work with both roofers and hail repair. ("Throw them off the roof!")
4. High-Pressure Sales Tactics - If a business won't give you time to think, it's time to 'throw them off the roof' -- or out of your car if it's hail related.
5. Bids that keep changing - Get all bids in writing, and if they tell you it's going to cost more, then move on. This is a common scam tactic.
So be careful when dealing with storm damage and the fly-by-night guys.