Alamo Drafthouse Releases Plans to Reopen Late Summer
Alamo Drafthouse has released details on how the company plans to reopen theaters late summer.
In case you can't play this adorable video, the plan basically boils down to this:
- Tickets purchased online only
- Guests are required to wear masks
- Touchless doors and hand sanitizer throughout the theater
- "Buffered" seats to maintain social distance
- Food delivered directly (as per their usual service)
- Rows exit one at a time, maintaining social distance
- Theaters deep cleaned between each movie
Of course, Alamo Drafthouse is a chain of theaters, with some locations (including Lubbock) franchised through other companies. So things may be a little different between theaters as far as policies and opening dates go.
I will say that every location follows certain rules to maintain the Alamo atmosphere, like their strict no-talking policy and rules on taking children to adult movies after a certain time at night. Because no one wants to hear a toddler at a 10 p.m. showing of a horror movie. Unless it's Chucky, I guess. It's highly likely Lubbock's Alamo Drafthouse will have the same procedures.