Lubbock Is No Longer Alone as More Texas Cities Are Set to Lose Taco Cabana
Taco Cabana was deliciousness back when it was open in Lubbock. I used to walk over from Lubbock High and throw down with friends. It was a lovely lunch every time.
I have hoped that Taco Cabana would come back to Lubbock, but it seems unlikely, given the recent news that 19 locations are closing across Texas.
Fiesta said the following restaurants will close immediately, including the one in Dallas along Greenville Avenue where the iconic Tango Frogs are installed on the roof. The future of the Tango Frogs is not yet known.
The eight locations in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area are at:
- 810 W. Stacy Road, Allen
- 1827 Greenville Avenue, Dallas
- 2220 South Loop 288, Denton
- 5350 Preston Road, Frisco
- 11560 Dallas Parkway, Frisco
- 7105 Interstate 30, Greenville
- 1495 Precinct Line Road, Hurst
- 5036 Rufe Snow, North Richland Hills
Here's hoping someone can save the Tango Frogs!