10 Reasons Why You Need Another Cat
I've been throwing around the idea of getting a companion for my cat, Troodle. He is a 10-year-old total jerk face that probably doesn't really deserve a friend but maybe it would get him to leave me alone.
Sometimes I think my cat is lonely and deserves a buddy. Other times I am reminded that he is likely severely mentally ill and might not be the greatest friend to a new cat. I also don't know if I really want a kitten because that's dedicating 15 or 20 years to another animal. I can't seem to make up my mind.
So, I decided to make a list of all the reasons I should probably get another cat...
10 REASONS YOU NEED ANOTHER CAT
1. Your cat always sleeps on your butt and your partner probably needs a cat to keep their butt warm too. Why are you so selfish?
2. Your cat is fat as hell and probably needs another kitty friend to help him lick between the folds.
3. Your cat might be plotting your demise and you can use the new cat as a spy to get the juicy details. Cats love to gossip and it won't be able to resist spilling the beans.
4. All of your friends have like...5 cats, 2 birds, 4 snakes, 1 chameleon, and 7 dogs. You just look silly with that one cat.
5. Perhaps the new cat will use the other armrest of the sofa as a scratching post, and then the couch will match better.
6. I bet one cat will distract the other cat from eating your 6th charger cord this month.
7. If you have two cats, one of them can stand on the shoulders of the other, in a trench coat, and perhaps you can get them into IHOP and not have to eat alone there for once.
8. When you have over an unexpected guest and your house is a mess, you can blame the new cat. You don't know him, and he won't stay out of the Cheetos and pop.
9. A great reason to get a second kitty is that you can't get the third one unless you get a second one first.
10. The Haven Animal Care Shelter in Lubbock is a no-kill, non-profit, amazing place to find yourself a new best friend.