Tell Me You’re From Lubbock, Without Telling Me You’re From Lubbock
Let's take a meme and narrow it down a bit.
There's a popular meme going around saying, "Tell me you're from Texas, without telling me you're from Texas," with answers like, "sometimes I have to dodge tumbleweeds on the way to work." I thought we'd take that and break it down for Lubbock.
So here you go with some answers to TELL ME YOU'RE FROM LUBBOCK WITHOUT TELLING ME FROM LUBBOCK.
- When I take a random picture, instead of a peace sign, I give a guns up.
- My mall has TWO Dillard's in it.
- Half the streets are numbered and the other half are alphabetical. (Trust me, it's not this way everywhere).
- Our parks have lakes made up of the water and oil that wash off from the streets.
- We hate one, if not two of the most popular musical acts that come from here.
- We put most of our entertainment where the trains used to go, and it now looks like both left.
- We have the best rock station anywhere (sorry, I had to).
- Our kids grow up to go to Texas or A&M, and other people send their kids here.
- We used to keep our liquor outside city limits, now we keep our naked ladies there.
- We have three seasons here: summer, winter and windy/brown.
- We still buy records at a big pink building.
- We get everywhere by traveling in a giant circle.
Share yours on the FMX Facebook page.
Expensive Airbnb Stays in Lubbock, Texas