Do you think that porn is a "public health crisis"?  Have you caught a case of the "porns"?Can you get the "porns" from shaking hands with a dirty person?

Yahoo! News reported the following:

Republican delegates unanimously adopted an amendment to their draft platform Monday morning that called pornography “a public health crisis” and a “public menace” that is destroying lives.

Getty Images

This is absolutely crazy to me. Let's not even discuss the porn itself, let's discuss the fact that most if not all of these hypocrites no doubt view porn.

Heck, it's estimated that 50 percent off ALL internet traffic is porn-related. And that 66 percent of men look at porn at least once a month (and the other 34 percent lie about not doing it if you ask me). Chances are extremely high that some of the people who voted for this were watching porn right before they voted for it.

Studies have also show that access to porn actually causes sex crimes to decrease. I'm not going to go so far as to say that it should be celebrated, and like anything else there are people who get into it way too deep. But it's by no means "a public health crisis" or "public menace." These are just buzzwords and phrases to whip up support for the party through their religious base.

This is just another attempting at solving a problem that really doesn't exist.

The opinions expressed in this article belong solely to the author and are not representative of the opinions of Townsquare Media Lubbock, its advertisers or affiliates.