United Supermarkets To Resume COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics at Texas Tech
While this may be the final week of the mass vaccination site provided by the City of Lubbock Health Department at the Lubbock Memorial Civic Center, it doesn't mean vaccination clinics are over.
United Supermarkets announced on Thursday that they will be resuming their own COVID-19 vaccine clinic on the Texas Tech campus. The clinics will be held at the United Supermarkets Arena the first week of May. The first clinic will be on Tuesday, May 4 from Noon to 5:00 p.m.
Anyone who is 18 years old or older can sign-up to get vaccinated. The clinic being run by United Supermarkets will be offering the single does Johnson and Johnson vaccine. There will be other clinics offered on May 10, 12, and 13 from 2:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
United Supermarkets is encouraging people to make an appointment to get vaccinated. You can visit United's website to sign up.
United Supermarkets is touting the things people can do once vaccinated according to their press release.
Here are some things guests can do once vaccinated, according to the CDC:
· Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
· Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
· Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
· Resume domestic travel and refrain from testing before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel
· Refrain from testing before leaving the United States for international travel (unless required by the destination) and refrain from self-quarantine after arriving back in the United States — This could also open the opportunity for study abroad programs to resume in the future.
Walk-up appointments will also be available.