What Will Lubbock Be Like 20 Years in the Future?
So, how will Lubbock be different in 20 years?
I was asked to predict two decades into the future for the Hub City. I could not take this request seriously. I have little doubt that Lubbock will change much at all in 20 years. So, with that in mind, I went the satire route.
7 Ways Lubbock Will Be Different In 20 Years
- Texas Tech will be 5-7 under new head coach, Jett Duffey.
- Everyone will admit that they throw their sex toys in Lubbock's playa lakes, which will then be designated as State Dildo Sanctuaries.
- Expanding on their popular brand, Lubbock turns out for the grand opening of the all-new Rosa’s Tortilla Factory and Menswear.
- The Buddy Holly Statue will become sentient and begin a murderous rampage across the town until the city is forced to turn to a newly bionically-enhanced Natalie Maines who will bring the beast down.
- People will be driving their flying cars into houses.
- Most major churches will be turned into Spirit Halloween Stores.
- County Judge Wes Nessman will outlaw all country music inside city limits.